Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Lesson from the Birds: Carefree and Cared For


One of the strangest things seen regularly around here are birds that resemble seagulls in a busy shopping district parking lot.

We live far from the ocean where seagulls are usually seen.

Yet the birds are here and love being in big puddles after a rainstorm.

Whenever I see them, they make me think of how the Lord provides for the "least of these" so they don't have a care in the world.

They apparently get plenty to eat, appear content with what they have,  and  enjoy their freedom.

I think humans can learn from them.

Today, may your day be super blessed. 

WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL EXTRA BLESSED?

8 comments:

diane.stetson said...

What makes me feel extra blessed? My health at my age...the place where I live..my family and my friends. All these things make me feel so blessed by the Lord. I'm happy to have the faith that my parents instilled in me from a very young age.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I was reminded of the old song, "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." Beautiful post.

Linda O'Connell said...

Those are seagulls and hitch rides upriver from
the Gulf of Mexico on barges along the Mississippi River, and are also this far inland.

I love birds of all kinds and our kitty does too. he sits int he window and talks sweetly to them. He'd run if one ever flew near him. He's a scaredy cat.

marianne said...

Feel blessed to be safely home from a weekend at the beach and to know that our son got home safely too.

Time for a good nite's rest. Listening to the steady rain we are getting will be the perfect lullaby.

So many things to be thankful for.....

Chatty Crone said...

I have been sickish the last couple of days - I am blessed in that I a, starting to mend - I think.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, they do look like little seagulls, don't they? I think about the birds sometimes when I'm having my morning coffee, and they are free, but always searching for food. God provides for them too. Sometimes I'll throw them some of my goodies. :) How nice to see them in the shopping parking lot.

love, ~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

Seagulls in parking lots here too. Curious isn't it?

Summer said...

There is definitely so much to learn from them. Sometimes we human beings overdo life ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails