Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Birthday Remembrances


Of all the awesome holidays that deserve celebrating, birthdays are among the most important, don't you think?

After all, the day we were born is extra special.

Our Moms gave each of us a something very special on that day-----the gift of life, itself.


September is my birthday month and I love celebrating every single day.

The actual day was great fun as well as all the days prior to it.

There are just a few more days in the month and then it will be over. 

A very dear friend in Arizona taught me about remembering each day of one's birthday month. 

She celebrated each day of her birthday month from start to finish. 

It sounded like a good idea to me so have been doing that ever since! 

Greeting cards bring great joy to me so  all month long I couldn't wait to look in the mailbox.

All the cards are immediately placed into a holder on the front hall table.



Hubs bought me a dozen of truly exquisite roses in my favorite color, pink! 

They are in a deep shade rather than pastel.



Friends and family members made me feel very special and for that I am deeply grateful.  

In an upcoming post, we are going to show you a very special hand-made photo album that was one of my birthday gifts from a very dear friend.

This is the handmade card that came with it, which shows you how talented she is!



Next month you are going to come along with hubs and me when we visit a Victorian Inn.

An overnight stay there was a surprise gift given by our daughter and son-in-law.

 It was yet another momentous gift I was so blessed to receive!

Now, please think of how YOU can celebrate when your next birthday month rolls around.

Then you can tell us all about it!

HOW DO YOU LIKE TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY?

7 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Hahaha, this reminds me of Jess, Susan. She LOVES when her birthday comes around and celebrates it even days before her Birthday! You got some wonderful gifts from family and friends. Happy Birthday to one of my sweetest blogging gals. :)

love, ~Sheri

janice15 said...

I thi nk its a fabulous idea... All your cards are wonderful Susan and Happy birthday.. My oldest daughter is in September too, the 16th... Lovely post. Cant wait for the Victorian inn.. Happy Fall/ Monday with love Janice

Susan said...

We celebrate by choosing what cake we want! I always take Chocolate and have a great recipe on my blog today! Happy Birthday dear friend and can't wait to see the photos of your trip!

Chatty Crone said...

I think of It Is A Wonderful Life - and the saying from Clarence "Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."

Remember Susan, no woman is a failure who has friends - and you have a bunch!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady! Looks like you are getting lots of special attention. I like to spend the day at the ocean...walking on the beach. That is my best birthday. Lots of birthday hugs, Diane

diane.stetson said...

Oh your presents sound divine especially the Victorian Inn overnight. Boy your daughter sure knows what her Mom loves doesn't she? For my birthday I just like it to be very simple and spend it with dear friends or family members that live not too far away. i also love getting cards in the mail and having a nice dinner out.

Linda O'Connell said...

Can't wait to see the Victorian Inn trip. It's really fun to get cards, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails