Friday, December 9, 2016

We Three Kings....





At a resort estate sale awhile back,  a handsome set of nativity figurines came home with me.

It was noted that the resort owner used to buy several sets of these, made in the Philippines, and gave them away as gifts at Christmas time.

This year, the figures, Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the three kings,  grace the front hall table.

Usually, there is a scented candle burning in front of them.

 Right now, the air is filled with the fragrance of spiced apple.

While I have accumulated several manger scenes throughout the years, this one is one of my favorites.

If interested, you can read more about it here.

DO YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE MANGER SCENE?




11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I do and I have the three kings of the orient. Believe it or not I was doing my bible reading about those three kings - a God wink - and it was very interesting...

diane.stetson said...

Yes I have four nativity sets...one on the piano. One on the coffee table, one in the dining room and I didn't put the other one up this year...Love all of them.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have several nativity sets and love them. Always looking for new/unusual one's!

rebecca said...

Beautiful!
And yes. I do have more than one :)

Linda O'Connell said...

Really a beautiful set. This reminds me of a time when my kids were young and made a salt dough nativity set.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I have one very old nativity that belonged to my mother when she was a child and I bought one about 20 years ago that is missing an angel, but otherwise intact.

Alexis said...

Who doesn't have? And I always love to see it from different manufactures!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Beautiful set. My nativity scene was needle felted by my daughter several years ago. I treasure it. xo Laura

Babs said...

I am soooo glad you bought it. I love the way it sparkled.

Red Rose Alley said...

I remember your nativity scene, Susan. Mary and baby Jesus are beautiful. I do have a nativity scene, and it's one I've never seen before, very unique with jewels and lovely fabric for the clothes. I found it one year and just had to get it. :)

love, ~Sheri

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. hello Susan.. your Nativity is beautiful..
I do have more than 1 Nativity.. some I bought and some were gifts..
... Barb xxxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails