Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Munching in the Chill....




Lots of birdies in our yard daily enjoy new seeds we bought.

They are nut 'n berry.

We bought them in a special wild bird store.

A college professor who teaches, among other classes, ornithology, recommended nut 'n berry seeds and they do seem to attracting more of our feathered friends.

However, the roof of the bird feeder is quite frosty these snowy New England winter days.

Pretty soon the piled on snow may reach to the sky, like a chilly jack-in-the-beanstalk.

Popsickles for the "boidies?"

After their munching, the birds are welcome to take a sip from the heated birdbath.

(I painted an iron bird in the bath a bright colored red.)

p.s. Since I wrote this post, a couple of days ago, we had a bout of warmer weather and the snowy "roof" of the bird feeder is now history!

There are no signs of daffodils here yet but at least we can see the top of the bird feeder!  Ha!

             
                 DO YOU FEED THE BIRDS?

8 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, I feed the birds year round here in Central Illinois because I enjoy their sweet company in our backyard. The summer months bring Hummingbirds as well. We hardly had any snow here this winter and have been enjoying a very warm (in the 70s even) February. Still, the birds in our yard are well fed. ;)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I do feed the birds. I have a feeder in front of the window so I can watch and also keeps Annie entertained.

diane.stetson said...

No I do not feed birds where I live but have many many that come to my yard regardless. I even have hummingbirds. Just saw a beautiful one yesterday.

Chatty Crone said...

I love your bird feeders! I used to, but we brought in the squirrels and then the squirrels went into our attic! We fought them a long time. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Love the pretty red bird you painted to attract other birds to your feeders. How sweet he is. Stay warm.

Red Rose Alley said...

Look at that bird feeder with all the snow covering it! That iron bird you painted red is so cute, Susan. I've never heard of nut 'n berry seeds for the birds. Yes, sometimes I do feed the birds, if I have crackers or some of the goodies that I get with my coffee. They are so lucky to have you take care of them, dear one.

love, ~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

How sweet that you have a heated bird bath. The birds di appreciate you, I am sure.

Terri Tiffany said...

One of the first projects I want my husband to build once we are moved into our home is a bird feeder. I love watching them and photographing them and would like to see what species I attract up there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails