Monday, March 20, 2017

Perky Polly Parrot...


Almost everyone has heard of the proverbial Polly Parrot, right?

Well, guess what?

A Polly parrot has joined our household and is causing lots of fun.

She's "almost" real, but not quite.

 She sure LOOKS real!

At times, she closes her greenish  eyes half-way, like a living, breathing parrot.

The rest of the time, she's a wide-eyed wonder.



She has a long, soft turquoise  tail and wings.

And she talks!  

Yep, she says all kinds of things that will surprise the "bazookers" out of any onlooker.

She'll make a great burglar deterrent if set up in a corner of a dark room. 



This Polly Parrot used to call an elementary school classroom home.  The kids loved her.

When my youngest sister retired as a teacher, however, Polly came to her home and then ours, thanks to the pleading of a grandchild.



We all get a kick out of Polly.

As much as I'd love to have one of her living cousins, our Polly comes without poop, so that's a good thing.

DO YOU LIKE PARROTS?

6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

They are so much fun. I had one in my classroom. It was a real copy cat. I heard my voice a lot.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I thought your Parrot was real at first. It looks so lifelike. Yes, I love Parrots! They are really something else.

Have a wonderful week, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

diane.stetson said...

Oh gosh I thought it was a real one too Susan. I love parakeets...had a couple when I was a kid. Parrots are something else though.They live a very long time and are really noisy. I like the fact that yours is a stuffed one...

TARYTERRE said...

Polly is great, even more so because you don't have a cage to clean.

Chatty Crone said...

That is soooooooooooooooooooo cool and so very nice. I like parrots if there is no poop involved. Love it. sandie

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. Yes Susan ... we love parrots at our house and have had a few over the years.... at the moment we have an 18 year old Quarion/Cockatiel.... he's great and lives in our outdoor aviary....no cleaning up for me to do ... Hubby keeps the aviary clean ... xxxxxx .... Barb xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails