Sunday, May 21, 2017

Breakfast with a Friend...

                                                            (Banana muffins made by my friend's sister.)

What can possibly be better than spending time with a long-time  friend?

                                                      (My long-time friend, Christina.)


The answer to that is sharing a delicious gourmet breakfast with that friend.

Christina has been my friend for more than 40 years. 

                                                          (A cute way to serve salt and pepper.)

 We went to a community college together.

She denies it but she's truly a gourmet cook.


                                                               (Gold-rimmed glasses for ice water.)

I got to see her last Friday as we planned to spend some time together.

Christina preferred to cook breakfast rather than go out to eat.

She served fresh cooked asparagus, avocados, toasted bread strips, salmon and a dip on one big platter.

Eggs and goat cheese made a delicious combination.


We had coffee, too, of course.

Everything about Christina's cooking and decorating style is classy from the world "go."


After that delicious breakfast, we headed to a church yard sale that was fun, fun, fun.

HOW DO YOU NURTURE YOUR FRIENDSHIPS WITH OTHER WOMEN?

11 comments:

Bookie said...

What a lovely breakfast and a great day! Good friends are not replaceable...I have some that are friends for 50 years, half a century. They are treasures as I am sure Christina is! She looks like an interesting gal along with classy!

TARYTERRE said...

That breakfast looked scrumptious. Perfect way to catch up on girl talk.

Barbara Neubeck said...

... oh my .... what an absolutely fabulous breakfast Christina cooked.....

I have some ladies that I have been friends with for over 40 years.
I contact and meet them regularly. I would be lost without them ... xxxx
... Barb xxxxx

rebecca said...

What an amazing breakfast - and topping it off with a church yard sale makes for a wonderful morning, in my opinion!!!!

I have a standing coffee date with a few friends on Tuesday mornings....With another, a Monday hour in the afternoon to play piano duets together.

Thankful for texting that keeps me connected with a friend or two in between face-to-faces :)

Chatty Crone said...

What a fabulous breakfast - you do have a gourmet chef as a friend. So did you both find things at the sale? It is nice to have friends - old and new. I do try to keep in touch with my friends - in different ways - but my friends ARE valuable to me.

diane.stetson said...

Oh yes I have two very good friends who I see on a regular basis and if we are not visiting we are chatting on the phone. They have been with me through thick and thin and I cherish them. Looks like a good time with your friend Christine.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

To have a dear friend through the years is one of life's greatest blessings. The food looks divine.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your breakfast was indeed gourmet. Your friend is a real treasure. Have a great day.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like it was a lovely morning. There's definitely always coffee involved, sometimes crafting ... depends on who I'm meeting up with. But with my two dearest friends, there's always brunch and much conversation.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a sweet, long-time friendship. The breakfast looks delicious and what a lovely presentation! I met up with my friend since childhood last week to walk at a nearby park. We hadn't seen each other since last summer so it was good to make time to connect again. A joy stopping by to visit with you Susan! :)

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely friend to have you over and cook a big breakfast for you, Susan. Everything looks Yummy. And I really like the plates she used. The salt and pepper dishes are cute. How nice that you've been friends for forty years.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails